Growing food organically is the ethos of what we do at Sage Green CIC
Sage Green CIC grows food organically on the Powderham Estate. We are a local food supplier who wants to encourage zero food miles by asking people to come to the garden to buy our produce. Contact us by email for further information. We grow for taste and work hard to find fruit and vegetable varieties which provide a tasteful and satisfying piece of food. In 2022 we are planning to grow more heritage and gourmet veg whilst following the principles of organic gardening as laid out by www.gardenorganic.org.uk:
- We maintain good soil health by only adding natural organic material to the soil.
- We encourage bio-diversity by growing/welcoming plants which attract pollinators.
- We use resources with attention to its impact on the environment. Our packaging is compostable and water is taken from our rain – water containers.
- Chemicals may clear pests or disease however it does more than just wipe out what you don’t want chemicals also kills insects you do want. Its because of our care for life in our environment we do not use chemicals of any sort on or near our fruit or vegetables.
- We work hard to keep our soil at a premium healthy condition to ensure quality tasty food.